Can You Get Your Offer Accepted?
Steve is expert at turning seller objections into an accepted offer.
Every one of the following objections must be handled quickly and effectively. Most buyers, and sadly most agents, do not have the experience nor skill to handle these situations.
When the right handling can mean being able to make an offer, getting your price, and getting the house, could you overcome these objections?
Common objections and blow-offs from sellers — could you handle them?
- We’ll sell only if we get our price.
- Will you buy "as-is"?
- We’re insulted by your offer!
- We can’t decide if we can accept your offer.
- It’s less than we originally wanted to accept.
- Would you accept a price of $_____?
- We won’t pay any closing costs.
- Do you have a loan yet?
- How much is your down payment?
- We’re not in a hurry to sell.
- We’ve done over $___ in upgrades!
- My house is worth more than the one down the street which sold recently.
- Our house has ___ (feature) which makes it better than others on the market.
- I have to discuss it with my spouse.
- That offer is too low-- we don’t want to give it away!
- We appreciate your interest, but we’d like for more buyers to see it.
- We are just testing the market.
- Would you come up on price?
- We don’t need to sell.
- Our agent said it’s priced right.
- I can’t accept less than $____.
- I need $____ because ___.
- That’s our final offer-- take it or leave it.
- I’ll have my agent call you.
- I’m thinking about taking it off the market until next summer.
- We promised another agent we would wait for their offer.
- We might just rent it out instead of selling.
- Our agent said we should keep it on the market a bit longer.
- We might not be ready to sell.
- We still need to find our next house.
- We don’t want to sell unless we know what we can buy.
- I have to buy first.
- We’re not sure what we want.
- We like your offer but _____.
- Our friends told us it’s under-priced.
- We may decide to wait a while.
- We think prices are going up soon.
- We think prices are going up now.
- We’ll give you a call and let you know what we decide.
Could you quickly and effectively respond to each objection? Steve can and does,
every day (in fact, he’s the trainer that teaches other agents). When you’re buying, hire the best negotiator you can — Steve Rumberg.
Top of page
Direct: (408) 723-5200,
Toll-free: 1(866) 597-3258 x 1100,