Can You Overcome These Objections?
Steve is expert at turning objections into offers.
Objections must be handled quickly and effectively. Most sellers, and sadly most agents, do not have the experience nor skill to handle them.
When the right handling can mean getting the offer, getting your price, and making the sale, could you overcome these objections?
Common objections and blow-offs from buyers — could you handle them?
- We only want to buy if we get a deal.
- We like it, but we don’t want to overpay.
- It’s more than we originally wanted to pay.
- We like this, but we need to see more houses.
- Would you take $_____?
- We can’t decide if we want to make an offer.
- Will you pay my closing costs?
- I can get better.
- I’ll be easy to work with, so I’d like you to accept a lower price.
- I don’t have a loan yet.
- We are just starting to look.
- It isn’t in our price range.
- Would you come down on price?
- That’s our final offer-- take it or leave it.
- We are only just looking.
- We don’t need to move.
- We promised our agent we would meet with them first.
- We are looking for a friend. (I always think to myself, "Well, sorry, they aren’t here!" :-)
- We still need to sell our house.
- Our agent said we should shop around first.
- We aren’t ready to buy.
- We don’t want to buy unless we know we can sell.
- I’ll call you when I’m ready.
- Our agent said it’s over-priced.
- I’ll have my agent call you.
- I just wanted to know _____.
- I’m not thinking of doing anything yet.
- I’m thinking about buying until next summer.
- We’re not sure what we want.
- We like your house but _____.
- We like what you’ve said, but _____.
- Our friends told us we should see several properties.
- We aren’t ready.
- We may decide to wait a while.
- What if the market changes?
- We think the market is changing.
- We think the market has changed.
- We still have some questions.
- We aren’t sure of what we want to do.
- We’ll give you a call and let you know what we decide.
- I have to go, I’m in a hurry.
- I can’t pay above $____.
- I have to sell first.
Could you quickly and effectively respond to each objection? Steve can and does,
every day (in fact, he’s the trainer that teaches other agents). When you’re selling, hire the best marketer and negotiator you can — Steve Rumberg.
Top of page
Direct: (408) 723-5200,
Toll-free: 1(866) 597-3258 x 1100,